Heavy Duty Truck Service Advisor Position
Why Work With Kenworth of Louisiana?
Simply put, we strive to be the best. Our customers appreciate our excellent service available at seven locations in the State of Louisiana. We are proud to offer the following:
- Competitive wages and consistent pay
- Career advancement opportunities and paid training
- Great benefits package
Now is the time to enhance your career, not just pursue another job. You don't want to miss out on this excellent opportunity! Apply online today!
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous truck dealership experience recommended
- Excellent communication skills required
- Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare work order for needed repairs
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost, and labor estimates for service
- Writes a brief description of the customer’s concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer
- Handles customer complaints
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process
- Assists with warranty claims and reconcile warranty accounting
- Attends company training as required
- Maintains a professional appearance
- Keeps work area clean
- Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of Kenworth of Louisiana, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Kenworth of Louisiana, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.