Diesel Technician- Field Service Position
At Kenworth of Louisiana, our service technicians and diesel mechanics are an integral part of our business. They are committed to customer service, safety, and preferably have experience in diesel or heavy equipment repair.
Why Work With Kenworth of Louisiana?
Simply put, we strive to be the best. Our customers appreciate our excellent service available at seven locations in the State of Louisiana. We are proud to offer the following:
- Competitive wages and consistent pay
- Career advancement opportunities and paid training
- Incentives for top performing mechanics
- Paid time off after a year of service
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Telemedicine Insurance
Now is the time to enhance your career, not just pursue another job. You don't want to miss out on this excellent opportunity! Apply online today!
- 1-2 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience preferred or trade school graduate
- OEM Certifications Preferred
- Must have a valid Driver's License (CDL Preferred)
- Maintain individual truck or fleets for clients and handle service calls at client locations.
- Maintain availability for after-hours service calls and be available for an open work schedule.
- Diagnose cause of most malfunctions and perform repairs per OEM guidelines
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed warranty or replacement parts
- Save and tag parts from the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Examine assigned vehicles to determine if safety issues are present or further service work is required or recommended
- Manage inventory control on the service truck and for keeping the vehicle properly stocked
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order
- Report machinery defects or malfunctions to customer
- Maintain and held accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months
- Assist in quoting and sales of onsite service
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Attend and complete all company training as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of Kenworth of Louisiana, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Kenworth of Louisiana, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.