Experienced Truck Technician/Mechanic Position in Lafayette, LA
At Kenworth of Louisiana, our service technicians are an integral part of our business. They are committed to customer service, safety and preferably have experience in diesel or heavy equipment repair.
Jump to: Application for Diesel Mechanic Job Near Lafayette
Why Work With Kenworth of Louisiana in Lafayette?
Simply put, we strive to be the best. Our customers appreciate our excellent service available at seven locations in the State of Louisiana, including here in Lafayette. We are proud to offer the following:
- Competitive wages and consistent pay
- Career advancement opportunities and paid training
- Incentives for top performing mechanics
- Paid time off after a year of service
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Telemedicine Insurance
Now is the time to enhance your career, not just pursue another job. You don't want to miss out on this excellent opportunity! Apply online today!
- 1-2 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience preferred or trade school graduate
- OEM Certifications Preferred
- Must have a valid Driver License (CDL Preferred)
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of most malfunctions and perform repairs per OEM guidelines.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed warranty or replacement parts.
- Save and tag parts from the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine assigned vehicles to determine if safety issues are present or further service work is required or recommended.
- Communicate with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Report machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintain and be held accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Attend and complete all company training as assigned.
- Maintain at least an 85% efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of Kenworth of Louisiana, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Kenworth of Louisiana, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Kenworth's Service Center Diesel Mechanic Jobs in Louisiana
Application for Diesel Mechanic Job Near Lafayette